Friday, May 20, 2011

Hello Sandal Season!





I have forever been a lover of warm weather. I adore everything it encompasses; summer vacations, white beaches and tropical blue water, fruity frozen cocktails, Bebel Gilberto (whom I discovered on a trip to Greece - and since then her sound simply embodies all of what summer means to me), sun-dresses, AND sandals! While I must admit that I am a "have Havaianas will travel" type of girl, there is no denying the raw sex appeal of an exquisute sandal on a beautifully tanned foot!


If you have been following the summer fashion trends of the last few years, then it's obvious that the gladiator sandal is all the rage. There are definitely some tragically hideous gladiator styles that come and go, but here we will focus on the beauty of fine craftsmanship, quality materials, and an impeccable spring/summer pallate.


Sandal A is the Trouve 'Seabeck' Gladiator Sandal and it retails for $89.99. It's created of smooth leather straps and accentuated with antique brass hardware. The bonus is that there is a zipper in the back of the sandal for easy dressing.


Sandal B is the Jessica Bennett 'Rolo' Sandal in blue grey nubuck leather which retails for $144.95. This beauty is about to make a grand appearance in my own personal closet - and I cannot wait! It's an all leather sandal, weathered and softened with brushed hardware and a back zipper closure. I am in love with the blue/grey color as it is a perfect neutral shade that can be worn with blacks or browns (or navy) and can be worn dressy or casual.


Imagine this sandal on a sun-kissed, perfectly pedicured foot!


Amore!



















































No comments: