Saturday, January 8, 2011

A sassy little number - Upcycled, Vintage China gets a new life!

Upcycling and repurposing..... I adore these words! Don't get me wrong, I love a brand new and beautiful item, but the market is overflowing, fortunately, with more and more amazing and unique products that are also somewhat eco-friendly. (We must consider the resources that are expended while recreating these products.)

For the past several years, and probably every day, I have spent at least one minute on the internet looking for some sort of product or another. I always seem to have this idea of exactly what I want....and it takes me forever (and even worse, sometimes never) for me to find that perfect item!

I love ETSY, I am a real voyeur - i can get stuck there for hours....looking for nothing, yet finding everything that I definitely don't need, but suddenly MUST have. It seems like nearly all of the sites that I have spent any time on lately, are from Turkey! The ring above is another example. They have somethin goin on over there....and I LIKE IT!

The beautiful and simple ring pictured above is upcycled from a 1970's piece of china. The daisy image is so flirty and feminine, the colors are very modern and chic, and the design is simply powerful...I just can't get enough of it.

I am woman, hear me rrrrrooooooooaaaaaaaaar!

The artist is RecycleJewels of Istanbul, Turkey. To see more of these delicious designs, click HERE!

No comments: