Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I LOVE the Citywide Garage Sale in Austin, Texas!

For the past ten years I have been attending the City-Wide Garage Sale in my amazing town of Austin, Texas! It's a wonderful place to go if you are looking for unique pieces of furniture including; antiques, up-cycled finds, revamped pieces etc. I also love going for the selection of vintage linens (beautiful baby quilts (12.), adorable embroidered pillow cases (3.), ethnic print bedspreads (8.), tablecloths (8.), etc) that they offer. I like to consider my home as an eclectic/bohemian mix of pieces and textiles and I find that the City-Wide is just the perfect place for me to add to my collections! Word to the wise, please check the schedule here because they are not open every weekend.

I went this past weekend and picked up some amazing finds, but also found a new dealer that I immediately fell in love with. The business that rents the space is called House Wren and it's run by Nancy Govro and her boyfiend, Mike Clark. As soon as I stepped into their space I immediately felt a peaceful comfort. I was surrounded by beautiful yet industrial pieces which offered the aesthetics equal to that of an affordable Restoration Hardware! Affordable being the key word here.

Check out Nancy and Mike's online shop here! Note the spectacular white and steel dining room table that WILL someday be in my home!

Thanks Austin for hosting such an incredible event, and thank you Nancy and Mike for making such beautiful and unique pieces for us all to swoon over. Job well done!

No comments: